Looking for the best cloud hosting for WordPress?. Over the past few years, cloud hosting has quickly gained popularity for a reason – while it offers excellent performance and scalability, it is often cheaper than more traditional hosting products.
While cloud hosting is undeniably a little more complex than startup-friendly shared hostesses like Bluehost or A2hosting, it’s still something that absolutely non-technical users can handle, and performance benefits and cost savings are often worth the extra learning curve.
In this article, I compiled some of the best cloud hosting providers for WordPress. These providers are Google Cloud, DigitalOcean, Vultr, etc. Allows you to take advantage of the power of such cloud hosting services. Not only do they make it possible for non-technical WordPress users to use cloud hosting, but they still give you useful WordPress tools. like readiness sites and backups.
WordPress Hosting Comparison in Cloud Hosting and Cloud Infrastructure
When talking about cloud WordPress hosting, it can be a little confusing about what “cloud WordPress hosting” really is.
For example, does a managed WordPress host, such as Kinsta, which uses the Google Cloud infrastructure, count as “cloud hosting”?
You can claim to be, but I won’t see these hosts as cloud hosting because you don’t interact directly with cloud hosting.
For example, in early 2020, SiteGround moved all hosting plans to the Google Cloud infrastructure… but SiteGround’s cheap shared plans are still shared hosting – they only use cloud infrastructure to power these shared resources.
Basically, even if these providers use cloud hosting in their products, you don’t really see the difference as an end-user.
Instead, I’ll define cloud WordPress hosting as hosting, where you actually interact directly with the cloud tier.
For example, a cloud with private resources might be hosting like Cloudways where you get VPS, or something like Closte, where you’re billed only for the resources your site needs. Or it could even be a WordPress hosting control panel that makes it easy for you to use your own “bare metal” cloud VPS from providers like DigitalOcean, Vultr, or Linode.
The advantages of going to a “direct” cloud-like this are:
- Your site will usually load faster.
- Compared to managed WordPress hosting you can usually save a little.
- There are no arbitrary limits. For example, there are no “visit” limits, as you get in managed WordPress hosting.
- You can “scale” your site more easily as it grows. Instead of needing to change plans, you can add more resources as needed.
- In case you’re a serious client, you’ll have greater adaptability.
However, the drawbacks are that this approach is a bit more technical and less start-up friendly. You certainly shouldn’t be an engineer. However, if you’re a complete beginner, I recommend staying with providers like Bluehost or A2hosting.
The Best Cloud Hosting Service Listed Below
- Cloudways is presumably the most mainstream alternative for cloud WordPress facilitating. Cloudways is a managed tool that allows you to choose your own cloud hosting service from the following cloud services, rather than providing its own hosting infrastructure:
- Closte is probably the most interesting cloud hosting option because of how it manages billing. Instead of paying a monthly fixed fee for a specific amount of resources (e.g. 1 CPU, 1 GB OF RAM), you pay based on the exact resources your site uses – up to CPU HPI and memory MPI
- RunCloud is a web facilitating control board for any PHP application, including WordPress. It’s very similar to Cloudways in terms of approach – that is, you can manage everything from the server control panel when choosing your own “naked” cloud hosting provider.
- GridPane is another popular option that uses the same approach as RunCloud – it’s a server control panel where you can connect to any cloud hosting provider to easily host WordPress sites – no technical information required.
- While most people know SiteGround for their cheap shared plans, SiteGround also offers more expensive cloud VPS hosting that gives you easier scaling and private resources.
- Finally, there’s Templ, which is an interesting option that is located between managed WordPress hosting and cloud WordPress hosting.